Desserts, Low Carb Friendly
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 12 minutes
Makes 15 mini cupcakes (Scaled)
Recipe by Shellye Archambeau
- 1 cups fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup RxSugar Crystal Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 dashes of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot, packed tightly
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt (add more if needed to achieve desired consistency)
- 1/2 tablespoon RxSugar Organic Maple Flavored Syrup
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons RxSugar Crystal Sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease 2 mini muffin tins (or cook in batches)
Add almond flour, RxSugar Crystal Sugar, baking powder, salt, walnuts and cinnamon to a large bowl.
Stir all ingredients very well. Add grated carrots and stir to combine.
Break eggs into a small bowl and beat with a fork. Add vanilla to the eggs, and stir. Pour egg mixture into the almond flour mixture and stir until well combined.
Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tin(s).
Bake 12 minutes on the oven center rack.
Make sure to let cool completely so the cakes don't break when you go around the sides with a knife and then pop out.
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting while cupcakes are baking.
Bring the cream cheese and butter to room temperature. Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla, RxSugar Organic Maple Flavored Syrup and RxSugar Crystal Sugar and beat until well combined.
Slowly beat in the yogurt. Taste and add more yogurt or RxSugar if desired.
Frost cupcakes when they are cool. Enjoy!