165g King Arthur Keto Wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
110g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
100g brown sugar substitute of choice
85g granulated RxSugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups s.f. semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or cake pan for cookie cake.
3. In a medium sized bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add melted and cooled butter, brown sugar, and sugar. It’s important that the butter is not hot, slightly warm is okay. Whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes until it turns into a paste-like consistency.
6. Whisk in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
8. Pour in the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to fold ingredients to slightly combine, then pour in the chocolate chips. Continue to fold the dough until the chocolate chips are dispersed and the flour is completely blended in. Do not over mix.
9. Using a cookie scoop (size of your choice) or like me, I used a 1/4 measuring cup for large cookies and 1/8 for smaller cookies to scoop cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. Do not over crowd the cookie sheet. Bake these in batches. 12 minutes for a more gooey cookie, 15 minutes for a more well done cookie) oven temperatures may vary. I also used an 8” cake pan to make a large cookie cake as well.
11. The cookies are ready when they have a golden ring around the edge but are pale and puffed in the center. The cookies will continue to bake and will slowly flatten and settle as they cool.
13. When they’re fresh from the oven, top with a few extra chocolate chips (optional if you are a chocoholic like we are).
14. Transfer to a cooling rack and continue to bake the rest of the dough.
15. Let the cookies cool for about 20 minutes before eating or not Enjoy!
16. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Warm up to enjoy later or eat them right out of the refrigerator, delicious either way!